Who doesn’t love freedom! After all, this is something you wouldn’t give up for all the tea in China. Whether you are an employee or employer, you all want work-life balance, comfort and flexibility. Don’t you? If yes, then this is the time to explore home-based business opportunities in Dubai. During the last couple of years and due to the advancements in the current society, working from home is now a reality. For many it is a dream come true thanks to the high-speed Wi-Fi, your home business vision can come true. Home-based businesses are gaining popularity more than ever not only in Dubai but across the world. Whether this is your first business or just a side hustle, you can’t go wrong by forgoing the office walls in today’s hyperconnected world.
Fears to overcome
Does your interest in starting your own business in Dubai fizzle after you take stock of the funds in your bank account and courage in your heart to stand the fierce competition? If yes, then change your route. You sure will get to know new horizons. How? Well, a spectacular home-based business idea is the answer and the solution to both your problems. Not only can you execute your home-based business idea without breaking the bank but also can rock by targeting a niche. Dubai encourages private entrepreneurs which makes building businesses from home an easy breeze. And the cherry on the cake is you have ample opportunities in the Emirate to grab. So, get all your ducks in a row and come up with a brilliant home business idea. Fight the challenges and revel in the benefits for favourable results.
The great ideas bring with them certain difficulties too. But every problem comes with a solution or two. Here are some stumbling blocks you might find on your way when setting up a business at home.
- Place for client meetings: You are sure to meet your clients at times when you are doing business with them. And home can’t be an appropriate place to have client meetings. Even if you have a dedicated room for official meetings at your residence. Which can have you splurge on renting out a meeting space.
- Environment: Home is home after all. You can’t feel at the office when you are already feeling home which can result in a lack of discipline and focus. You never know when you can be asked to bring groceries or fix a door by your mother or spouse. Your availability at home all the time can affect your work pattern and invite disturbances.
- Impression on the vendors/suppliers: A decent office layout is what the doctor ordered for many organizations and they choose the vendors or suppliers for businesses who are operating from a traditional workplace to those doing business from home.
A home-based business has tons of pros. And obviously, they do surpass the cons. Doesn’t it sound like music to your ears when I say you:
- Are obviously your own boss and work for yourself
- Have to fork out less on business registering, as so many charges are waived off for new ventures
- Could save a fortune when it comes to office set-up and day-to-day operational costs
- Don’t have to share your perks and profits with anyone else. They are all yours!
- Travel when you want to which saves a lot of your time and money
- Can be around your loved ones when they need you the most.
- Enjoy the flexibility to work at anytime, anywhere
- Choose your customers and clientele
- Design your course of action to achieve the business goals
- Take all the decisions be it anything – resources, funds, strategies, and schedules
- Receive employees easily as more and more job seekers are looking for employers that are operating on the work-from-home (WFM) model due to covid crisis
- Get plenty of time to focus on your health. Think yoga, meditation, nutritious meals, swimming, celebrations, and other recreational activities!
- Have more “Me” time or “We” time with your family to live a happy and content life
What sort of business is home-friendly?
The world turns into your oyster when you look for home-based
small business opportunities in Dubai. You may start an online store selling beauty,
health or electronic equipment, a dance academy, a senior care group, a
tutoring agency. Not only this, but you may also set up a home cleaning
planning business, house inspection company, massage therapy centre, tax
assessment company, virtual
law firm, bookkeeping
business and so on. All these home trades are enclosed under the vibrant and yielding
segment of UAE businesses.
Drop by Adam Global to learnwhat home-based business can be the most suitable one for you and how you can get the ball rolling.
Who chooses to work from home?
A home-based business is the best option for those who are bound to spend the major chunk of their time at home, such as mothers of young children, sons of ill or bedridden parents or single fathers of little kids. If you belong to this clan then you have plenty of opportunities to live your business dreams from the comfort of your home. For instance, you can teach dance, music, yoga, Zumba, etc. You can also start coaching the students, run a day-care facility or provide beauty services. Salon, homemade food delivery, virtual assistance, admin support, business consultancy, legal advisory, virtual tutoring, blogging and social media management for businesses, e-commerce, accounting, and, etc. are some other alternatives you might want to consider for your freelance business. You can also rock as a nutritionist or life coach as well. If you are not professionally trained to provide any of these services, hire the right set of people to work for you. You could employ a skilled staff for customer support, IT services, sales, and freelancing work at a low price and high-quality assurance.
Whether you wish to set up your company in a free zone or mainland. There are a certain set of guidelines to follow strictly when applying for your license application. To avoid any errors and costly delays that can rip you off we suggest you consult with the best business setup consultant or company formation expert in Dubai.
The process of establishing a home business is simple and straightforward. To start a business from your home you need to acquire a home-based business license in Dubai. Your licensed activities must match word by word to those you intend to carry out. It’s your chosen activities that decide the type of your business setup and of course the license you need. Plus, the name of your company must abide by the UAE’s naming criteria. You would also be needing an establishment card from FAIC, a Trade License from DED, membership numbers in both Chamber of Commerce and The Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation (MoHRE). You should be eligible to recruit (up to 3 work permits will be available) employees for your company. Trade name registration and renewal of commercial/trade license for 100+ commercial activities are also mandatory steps to proceed further. Depending on the nature of your venture, you can start as a freelancer first then convert it into a full business. The application process is the same for both scenarios.
On the home stretch
Difficulties and pitfalls are part of any journey. All you have to do is anticipate them beforehand and keep moving with a positive attitude and determination to reach your goal. Keep your values intact no matter what the circumstances are. And remember, arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. You are going to embark on the most exciting journey of your life. And we wish you good luck. Break a leg!
Gain peace of mind with us
Home-based or full-fledged formal business setup, starting a business in a foreign country could be a Herculean task. Despite staying in Dubai for years you might not be aware of the nitty-gritty of the law and procedures to set up a business here. And it takes a village to start any company, and a lot of legwork too. If you are not a DIY kind of entrepreneur or want your license and visa applications free from errors and omissions, we advise you to approach an expert business formation advisor in Dubai, UAE who can help you sail through unchartered waters. Call us and sit back! And watch your big dream come true in a short period.