When everything has lost meaning, we’ll always have sport! From football, cricket, golf, soccer and volleyball to gymnastics, dancing, swimming and racing including horse racing, camel racing and car racing, playfields are expanded to take up entire states and games often the last millennia. Whether we are an athlete or not, people around the world have a thing for sports and therefore anything related to sports – from shoes, clothing and other safety gear to bikes and cars. And it’s safe to say that the demand for sports items and equipment is never going to see a slump. Therefore, setting up a sports company in Dubai is a great idea, whether you are from a sports background or not.
Sports Business in Dubai
Usually, sportsmen choose to set up a sports business in Dubai or any part of the world, but you don’t have to be one to work wonders in the sports industry. Running a business is anyway no less than playing your favourite sport. You enter the arena because you love to play. Just like sportspeople, entrepreneurs also face pressure and competition on a daily basis and always look at pushing their limits and building their experience. The only difference in both is in the latter only one team can win while in the former every team can be a winner. If you are someone with a lot of get-up-and-go, the big, complicated business game is just for you, and you’re sure to win if you choose the field of your interest only. This blog is for those entrepreneurs who’ve chosen Dubai as their playground and the sports industry as their game.
Types of Sports Businesses in Dubai, UAE
Dubai is a global hub for sports and has a diverse range of sports business opportunities available. If you are mulling over starting a sports company in Dubai, it would be a good idea to research the local market to see what opportunities are available. You may enter the UAE Sports market by taking any of the following routes:
- Sports venues: There are many sports venues in Dubai, including stadiums, arenas, and golf courses. These facilities can be used for hosting sporting events, tournaments, and other sports-related activities.
- Sports event management: Dubai is home to a number of large-scale sports events, including the Dubai Marathon, the Dubai World Cup, and the Dubai Tennis Championships. There are opportunities for businesses to get involved in the planning and management of these events.
- Sports training and coaching: Dubai has a number of sports training and coaching facilities, including golf academies, tennis clubs, and fitness centers. There is a demand for experienced coaches and trainers to work in these facilities.
- Sports equipment, gears and apparel: There is a market for sports equipment and apparel in Dubai, including clothing, footwear, and sporting goods. Retail businesses that specialize in these products can do well in the city.
- Sports media and marketing: The sports industry in Dubai is well-supported by media and marketing companies that help to promote events and athletes. There are opportunities for businesses to get involved in this aspect of the sports industry.
- Sports Agencies: Agencies are generally employed by rights holders and brands to work on their business in sport. You may view them as a massive umbrella covering almost every single sport business discipline. As a sports agency in Dubai you may engage into several economic activities such as sponsorship, legal, design, broadcast, athlete management etc. These
Why Sports Business Setup in Dubai, UAE?
Home to a multitude of sports facilities and events, Dubai takes the cake when it comes to forming a sports company. Some of the sports facilities in Dubai include:
- Dubai Sports City: This is a large sports complex that includes a number of venues for different sports, such as cricket, football, golf, and tennis.
- Zayed Sports City: Situated in Abu Dhabi, the complex boasts a stadium, an indoor arena, a velodrome, a hockey field, and several other sports facilities. It has hosted a number of major sporting events, including the Asian Cup and the Gulf Cup of Nations.
- Dubai Motor City: Sitting on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai Motor City is a treat for the eyes of sports fanatics for its automotive-themed bells and whistles including a street circuit that has hosted international motorsports events. The site features tons of recreational facilities, such as a golf course and sporting clubs.
- Dubai World Cup: This is an annual horse racing event that takes place at the Meydan Racecourse in Dubai and is one of the richest in the world.
- Dubai Tennis Championships: This is an annual professional tennis tournament that takes place in Dubai and is part of the ATP Tour.
- Dubai Marathon: This is an annual marathon event that takes place in Dubai and attracts runners from around the world.
Besides above-listed sports centers, Dubai also has a number of smaller sports clubs and organisations that cater to a variety of different sports including:
- Dubai Exiles Rugby Football Club
- Emirates Golf Club
- Dubai Sharks Rugby Football Club
- Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club
- Dubai Hurricanes Rugby Football Club
- Dubai Harlequins Rugby Football Club
- Dubai Dragons Rugby Football Club
- Dubai Sports City Cricket Academy
- Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club
- Dubai Sports World
Popular Locations to Start a Sports Company in Dubai
Dubai is home to many successful sports companies and is a widespread choice to start a sports business due to its favourable business environment and healthy infrastructure. Any location can be a good location for your sports company in Dubai, considering the population of sports and gym enthusiasts in the city. Still some popular sites for starting a sports company in Dubai include:
- Dubai Sports City: This is a purpose-built complex that is home to many sports facilities, including the ICC Cricket Academy, the Manchester United Soccer School, and the Ernie Els Golf Course.
- Dubai Marina: This popular waterfront destination is home to several sports facilities, including the Dubai Marina Yacht Club and the Dubai International Marine Club.
- Al Quoz: This industrial area is home to many sports facilities, including the Al Quoz Stables and the Dubai Autodrome.
- Jumeirah Beach: This popular beach area is home to several sports facilities, including the Jumeirah Beach Hotel Fitness center and the Jumeirah Beach Park.
- Business Bay: This business district is home to several sports facilities, including the Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club and the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition center.
The Process of Sports Company Formation in Dubai
As they say, success is where preparation and opportunity meet you should be equipped with much-needed knowledge about the business formation setup process and guidelines. This will help you navigate through the easy-looking complex procedure of completing the paperwork regarding your first sports venture in Dubai, UAE. Here’s your step-by-step guide to establishing a sports company in Dubai.
Sports Center or Club in Dubai
A swarm of foreign investors the world over is flocking to Dubai to either set up a new sports company or expand their existing ones. And it’s easy to see why! If you want to start a sports center in Dubai or any other Emirate of the UAE, Youth & Sports Welfare is the authority that must receive all the supporting documents to approve your sports business licence application. The process of getting a sports center licence involves a couple of additional approvals from other departments and a series of steps including:
Determine the type of sports center you want to set up. Consider factors such as the target market, the location, and the available resources.
- Choose a suitable location for the sports center: Consider factors such as accessibility, proximity to potential customers, and availability of necessary facilities such as parking and changing rooms.
- Obtain the necessary licenses and permits: This may include a business license, a trade license, and any other licenses required for the specific type of sports center you are setting up. You will usually be required to submit:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy of the proposed owner or owners
- Two colour passport size photos
- Secure funding for the sports center: This may involve obtaining a loan from a bank or attracting investors.
- Develop a business plan for the sports center: This should include a detailed financial plan, a marketing plan, and a plan for managing the day-to-day operations of the sports center.
- Hire staff and purchase equipment: Consider the specific needs of your sports center and the target market when hiring staff and purchasing equipment.
- Promote the sports center: Use a variety of marketing strategies, such as social media marketing, advertising, and public relations, to promote the sports center and attract customers.
Consult Dubai business advisors to take the first step towards the incorporation of your dream sports company right because you want everything perfect.
Understandably most people start businesses that are linked very closely to their former career. However, under the right guidance, you may enter any industry with confidence without having prior exposure and successfully operate your business with continuous support from corporate service outsourcing companies in Dubai. Whether a sports academy, sports management company, sports equipment store or a full-fledged sports club featuring an array of sports, academic coaching for all ages and a range of activities, no matter what route you take to reach your goal of setting up a sports business setup in Dubai, you must be familiar with the company formation rules and regulations in the UAE to avoid splurging your valuable resources on unnecessary things that will only delay or complicate the process. However, knowing everything regarding a company setup is not as easy as it comes because the rules keep changing. Therefore, it is always advisable to consult one of the best business setup consultants in Dubai such as Adam Global regarding your sports academy setup in any of the emirates in UAE. Working with the right business setup advisors in Dubai means you don’t have to worry about anything during the course – from location decisions to business name registration to getting various approvals to staying compliant to the UAE law. Book your free consultation with our business formation specialists in Dubai today not just because being a good entrepreneur is similar to playing a competitive game and you want to play it smartly from the very beginning.