Vehicle/ FOOD TRUCK PERMIT IN DUBAI MAINLAND
As per DED 2019 statistics Department of Economic Development has issued 2046 licenses in January 2019 with 20% growth out of which 33.7% licenses were related to professional services. In January 2018 total licenses issued by DED were 1703.
Total number of license renewal transactions occurred with Department of Economic Development in January 2019 were 12,190 with a growth if 8.9% compare to January 2018.
The DED report also showed the top nationalities who obtained licenses in January 2019 were mainly India, Followed by Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, China, Saudi Arabia, Britain, Jordan, Sudan and the Philippines.
To obtain Food Truck Permit first step is to issue restaurant license which allows to apply for permit for food truck. Type of restaurant license would be professional with appointment of UAE national as Local Service Agent. Below are important steps for getting restaurant license.
- Registration and licensing application form
- Trade name reservation
- Shareholders passport (together with visit/residency permit) along with a non-objection letter from the current sponsor if applicant is on a residence visa
- Passport copy and resident ID of UAE national
After getting the initial approval:
- Initial approval receipt
- All documents mentioned above
- Tenancy contract with Ejari
- Local Service Agent Contract notarized by Notary Public
- Approval from Dubai Municipality – Food Control Section for Restaurant License
- Final Payment Voucher
The Trade License fees:
Approximate cost to get restaurant license is AED 13,000.00 depending upon office space
After getting restaurant license you may visit any DED certified offices and apply for vehicle/food truck permit.
Following are the requirement for Vehicle Food Permit.
Requirements for Vehicle / Food Truck Permit:
- License copy
- An explanation letter for the activity especially for roaming vehicles
- Approval from RTA (not required if it is inside malls)
- Approval from Dubai Municipality – Food Control Department and Planning Department
Fees for Vehicle/Food Truck Permit:
Approximate cost to obtain Vehicle/Food Truck permit is AED 5120
It take approximately 20 -25 working days to complete the whole process.
Feel free to contact me for right advice on right time at + or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are specialist in providing consulting services to individual entrepreneurs or corporates for setting up their business in UAE.