Starting a dental clinic in Dubai can be a complex process, as it involves obtaining various licenses and approvals from the relevant authorities. However, the potential rewards of investing in an oral healthcare business in Dubai are plentiful. With a population of over 9 million people, the demand for quality dental healthcare is ever-increasing. Dubai is renowned for providing world-class healthcare services, and the city is constantly embracing new technologies and inventions in the dental sector. In 2019, the Dubai Health Authority issued 197 licenses for dental clinics, demonstrating the potential for growth in the industry.
The city is also home to a large expat population, who are often in need of quality dental care. With the right licenses and approvals, setting up a dental clinic in Dubai can be a lucrative and rewarding venture. Not only will you be able to provide quality dental care to the people of Dubai, but you will also be able to take advantage of the city’s advanced technologies and inventions in the dental sector. With the right planning and preparation, starting a dental clinic in Dubai can be a successful and rewarding venture.
Why start a dental clinic in Dubai?
A Dubai-based dentist has recently made headlines by turning a Moroccon football fan’s ugly smile into a beautiful one for free- That’s what Dubai is known for – ultra-advanced dentistry techniques. The country encourages and embraces new inventions and technologies viz. ultra-thin veneers, laser dental treatments, and digital dentistry which uses high-tech X-rays and intraoral cameras amongst others. If you are planning to “sell smile” then you are in for a win already. A host of investors are seeing Dubai for their dental clinic setup in UAE and it’s easy to see why. Check out below some of the reasons why investing in an oral healthcare business in Dubai is rewarding in 2023 and even decades after.
- Dubai is currently (in 2022) home to about 9,441,130 people. And they all are conscious of their dental health, irrespective of their age or gender. This simply means you have a huge target market as the number of dentists or dental clinics that exist today is still not enough to take care of this much load.
- In light of the expat-friendly Dubai’s ever-increasing population and the total number of dental care specialists and clinics, the healthcare sector is always under-served in the Emirate
- The city is known for providing world-class healthcare services and everybody needs quality dental healthcare
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) issued 197 licences only in 2019. Considering the demand and supply ratio in the UAE healthcare industry and the pace at which DHA is releasing licences to dentists, it is safe to say that the medical sector will always remain on an upward trajectory
- The demand for dental healthcare services in the UAE is anticipated to spike by 156% in 2025
- Most dental treatments are expensive. The cost of even a root canal cure in Dubai can go up to AED 5,000. You can easily achieve your break-even point within just a few months.
- Almost every resident of the United Arab Emirates has health insurance and demands high-quality dental healthcare.
- Dubai is the most preferred destination in the Arab region for medical visits. The emirate is a popular choice amongst celebrities for advanced dental treatments which are widely known as celebrity smile/celebrity cosmetic dentistry. The majority of medical tourism is from neighbouring countries, other Asian Nations, the USA, Europe, and African nations.
- The medical tourism portals launched by the UAE enable international medical tourists to book procedures and access a wide range of tourism services such as direct contact with healthcare providers, visa issuance, booking appointments, hotels, transportation and other recreational activities.
Further, demand for dental services such as dental check-ups and therapeutic procedures like reconstruction of the denture, installing veneers etc. has increased multiple folds, in recent years. About 28% of dental treatments were for implants in the country in 2018, whereas 20% of treatments were through general practitioners.
Department of Health, functional in all seven Emirates is actively investing in providing the funds as well as introducing favourable schemes that can support the growth of the dental market. For example, in the year 2018, Dubai Health Authority (DHA) introduced a citywide dental and oral program to improve oral health in Dubai, by ensuring all individuals have access to high-quality dental treatments and effective prevention programs. Need we say more!
So now that you know you have chosen the right industry for your business setup in UAE, you might be interested in knowing how to go about it. Keep reading for more information or simply reach out to our freezone or mainland dental business setup specialist in Dubai.
Types of Dental Services in Dubai, UAE
Usually, people think that a general dentist can deal with all kinds of problems related to oral upkeep. However, just like in the medical field we have doctors with various specialisations including general physicians, paediatricians, orthopaedics, cardiologists, anaesthesiologists, neurologists, gynaecologists and radiologists amongst others, dentistry also has exact specialists for various procedures. In Dubai, you may find the following types of services provided by specific dental specialists.
|Types of Dentists
|Dental Services in Dubai, UAE
|Gum care, Dental X-rays, Teeth Cleaning, repairing cracked and chipped teeth, teeth whitening, Fillings, Dental Veneers and preventative measures advice
|Root Canal Treatment, Tooth Cavity Filling/Capping
|Malocclusions (correction or prevention of teeth problems such as extra, missing or crowded teeth situations) and jaw alignment issues caused by Crossbites, Underbites, and Overbites
|Treating or preventing crowded, crooked, missing or decayed teeth within children
|Periodontitis (affects gums & bone) Gingivitis and Gum disease treatments, minor surgeries in extreme cases and tissue recontouring
|Porcelain Veneers, Fixing Bridges, Repair or replacement of teeth utilizing dentures, crowns or dental implants in the case of missing or extracted teeth
|Treatment of common dental issues gaps and cracked or discoloured teeth
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
|Wisdom tooth extractions, surgery on the mouth, jaw and other facial areas such as reconstructive and dental implant surgeries, cleft lip surgeries and jaws problems such as cysts
|Cosmetic Teeth Whitening, Cosmetic Teeth Shaping & Teeth Bonding, Carbon Post, Others
|Dental Implants Specialist
|Dental implants, (Insertion of prosthetics into patients’ jawbones)
Dental treatments are no less than nightmares, whether you’re 5yo or 55. Treating kids’ dental issues is not child’s play for paediatric dentists as well. Thanks to Sedation Dentistry! Not just children, but people of all ages can benefit from sedation dentistry. The procedure involves the usage of sleeping gas/nitrous oxide to help the patient feel calm, relaxed and at ease during painful dental treatment. A moderate level of sedation is given to the patient to make them feel very carefree while they are still awake technically. Alternatives include nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation and intravenous (IV) sedation. It’s also known as conscious sedation dentistry or “twilight sleep” because it forms a state of short-term amnesia (forgetfulness) where one experiences insensitivity to pain without the loss of consciousness. Dentists in Dubai often recommend this option for those with:
- Lengthy distressing treatment
- Dental treatment anxiety
- A fear of visiting the dentist
- An overly sensitive gag reflex
- A fear of needles (aichmophobia)
- Extreme teeth sensitivity
- Feelings of claustrophobia while in the dental chair
- Reduced sensitivity to local anaesthesia
- Difficulty controlling movements
- Special needs (including physical, cognitive or behavioural)
Why should I open a dental clinic in Dubai?
We all have gone or are sure to go to a dentist at least once in our lifetime. No matter how vigilant we are about our oral healthcare. No matter how many times you brush your teeth a day or how good your toothbrush and the products that you use on them are, tooth decay with time is inevitable, especially in this era when people have fallen prey to a busy modern lifestyle and inappropriate eating habits. Thanks to dentists who help people keep the gateway to their happiness in apple pie order.
Remember, healthy teeth are not gifted they are the result of proper care. If you want to savour different types of dishes throughout life you need teeth, shining and fit. And to keep your teeth intact till your last breath you need to take rounds of a dental clinic. Need we say more?! The simplest answer to why you should enter the healthcare and wellness industry with a dental clinic licence in Dubai is – the elevated demand for dental services and inadequate dental healthcare professionals in Dubai, UAE. Considering the ever-increasing population and demand for dental services in the UAE, opening a dental clinic in Dubai is a rewarding and safe bet.
u003cstrongu003eIs it easy to start a dental clinic in Dubai, UAE?u003c/strongu003e
With a dental clinic business in Dubai, you can strike gold. However, starting the same isn’t all smooth sailing. You have to jump through several hoops while complying with several rules and regulations laid out by the UAE authorities specific to the dental business setup in the UAE existing dental clinics to compete with. And once the clinic is up and running winning patients’ hearts is also not a piece of cake until the provided services are high-quality and quick. However, if you work with a business setup specialist who is hands-on with setting up a dental clinic in Dubai, UAE, the journey can be a whole lot easier. Even if you want to DIY, with the right information and a can-do attitude, we don’t see any reason for not succeeding in your endeavours. And once your dental clinic is open, you can sit pretty.
u003cmarku003eHow to start a dental clinic in Dubai?u003c/marku003e
To set up a dental clinic in Dubai mainland, you’re required to start with name reservation and initial approval for a professional license which is issued by the Dubai Economy and Tourism (DET). Let’s look at the steps you must follow to obtain your dental clinic license in Dubai. u003cbru003eu003cstrongu003eStep 1. Know the requirements to set up a dental clinic in UAEu003c/strongu003eu003cbru003eu003cstrongu003eStep 2. Select the type of dental business activity you want to offer in the UAEu003c/strongu003eu003cbru003eu003cstrongu003eStep 3. Obtaining relevant approvalsu003c/strongu003e u003cbru003e
The Essential Steps Needed to Open a Dental Clinic in Dubai
Step 1. Know the requirements to set up a dental clinic in UAE
- Dental clinics in Dubai are governed by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA). Dentists must have a licence from the DHA to practice as a Doctor in Dubai or any other emirate. The DHA Guidelines Regulation can be referred to for understanding licencing requirements, rules and procedures. If the investor doesn’t have a DHA license, he can also employ a DHA professional license holder as the Medical Director of the Dental Clinic.
- According to the recent changes made to state regulations internationally qualified dentists holding qualifications from select qualification boards can practice in the UAE without having to sit the previously compulsory and extensive online exam.
- The medical professionals must hold relevant qualifications and be trained to perform their respective duties.
- Detailed and accurate patient records must be maintained for each patient.
- The space for a treatment room in a clinic cannot be less than 14 square meters. Such requirements are strictly outlined for corridors, the height of the rooms from floor to ceiling etc.
- The rented dental facility must also feature a reception area, separate waiting areas for males and females, consulting room treatment room, sterilization room, medical waste room, pantry, X-ray room (if applicable), toilets for male, female and especially abled people, etc.
- The chosen premise for the dental clinic must be equipped with the suitable medical equipment, supplies, and pharmacological agents needed to deliver dental services.
- The facility must have adequate ventilation to discourage odours or fumes produced during dental procedures.
Step 2. Select the type of dental business activity you want to offer in the UAE
There are myriad dental care services that you could provide in Dubai. Decide your business activity as per your interest, dentistry specializations, the current market demand and existing competition. Conducting a market analysis can help you access the latter two to be able to achieve success in your dentistry business in Dubai.
Step 3. Obtaining relevant approvals
Finish all the preliminary tasks and apply for the dental clinic licence in Dubai with the supporting documents attained every step of the way. These tasks include
- Reservation of Trade Name
- Initial approval from local DED (Department of Economic Development)
- Finalisation of the plot for the clinic
- Appointment of a designer and receiving of layout design for the clinic
- Issuance of Initial Approval from DHA
- Execution of the Tenancy Contract and Ejari
- Final Approval from local DED (Department of Economic Development)
- Fitout work of the clinic and installing medical equipment
- Activation of professional licence of Medical Director, Nurse and other relevant medical professionals with the facility
- DHA final inspection and operating licence issuance
- Registration with GDRFA and MoHRE
- Processing of residence visas for the employees
The dental clinic in Dubai is also required to have a separate area dedicated to the dental laboratory within the premises where dental implants and crowns can be designed, and 3D printed. Having a full-fledged dental clinic with an in-house dental lab can help you help in completing the procedures faster rather than outsourcing this to third-party laboratories.
Instrumental to a good, progressive dental practice, Dental labs can work like a charm if opened within the dental facility. To open one, you may specify your intention to conduct such activities in the trade licence application to be submitted to the local DED. With approval from the authority, Dental laboratories in Dubai, UAE can create a wide spectrum of products used in oral treatments including
- Full dentures for patients missing all of their teeth
- Partial, removable dentures for patients who are missing one or just a few of their teeth
- Crowns that can restore teeth to their original size and shape
- Aesthetically and functionally enhancing veneers
- Splints and orthodontic appliances that straighten and protect teeth
- Fixed bridges for patients who are missing one or a few of their teeth
- Implant crowns and implant bridges in zirconia
3-D printing has recently become widely popular and accepted across the world and is being used in dental clinics on a large scale. Dental industry professionals in Dubai can benefit from integrating 3D printing solutions into their workflows. 3D printers today are far more compact and cost-effective than they were about 2 decades ago, making them more attainable for private practices and labs. The faster turnaround time for oral devices and elevated accuracy of dental models helped the clear aligner industry reach a 2.41 billion dollar market size in 2020. With these advancements, 3D printing solutions are commonly used in the dental industry to produce:
- Removable oral devices, including clear aligners, retainers, and nightguards.
- Restorative dental treatments, including crowns, bridges, denture bases, and implants.
- Surgical instruments, including try-ins and surgical guides.
- Dental models, for either thermoforming or as diagnostic aids for cosmetic dentistry procedures, orthodontic treatment, or oral surgery.
Dentists, orthodontists, and dental labs incorporating 3D printers into their operations experience significant advantages.
Don’t Bite Off More Than You Can Chew
We love food more than people and teeth more than food! So, if you’re looking to open a dental care clinic in Dubai, you bet you won’t regret it. However, starting a dental clinic in UAE is challenging because of the red flags involved in the process. Thankfully Dubai has no dearth of dental clinic setup services providers to whom you can easily outsource at affordable fees! This will save you a lot of time, money and energy. Anyway, you have a lot on your platter, and you don’t want anything to go wrong with your most-coveted venture. Setting up a medical clinic in Dubai requires lots of approvals from various departments, which can trouble professionals and entrepreneurs who are new to the UAE and are not aware of the healthcare industry laws. Moreover, there are detailed guidelines issued by DHA that govern various aspects of setting up the clinic like Administrative Provisions, Health Facility Briefing and Planning, Access, Mobility and OH&S, Infection Prevention, Engineering – Building Services and Feasibility Planning and Costing. Appointing a DHA specialist consultant and engineer in the early stage of setting up a dental clinic is extremely important in getting it right from the word go.
u003cstrongu003eWhom to Get in Touch with for Expert Assistance in dental Clinic Setup in Dubai, UAE?u003c/strongu003e
With the help ofu003ca href=u0022https://www.dubaibusinessadvisors.com/blog/company-setup/tips-to-find-the-best-business-setup-consultant-in-dubai/u0022 target=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noreferrer noopeneru0022u003e someone who specialises in setting up medical clinics in Dubaiu003c/au003e such as Adam Global, why worry about u0022how to start a dental clinic in Dubaiu0022? You could get end-to-end assistance in setting up a dental clinic in Dubai starting from identifying the right location, obtaining relevant approvals, appointing the DHA specialist designer and contractor, appointing recruiters specialised in hiring medical professionals, procuring right medical equipment and devices and designating the much-needed marketing agency for creating rich content and running attractive campaigns to whatnot! Feel free tou003ca href=u0022https://www.dubaibusinessadvisors.com/contact-us/u0022u003e book your free consultationu003c/au003e with ouru003ca href=u0022https://www.dubaibusinessadvisors.com/blog/business-management/should-i-hire-a-business-consultant-to-setup-my-business-in-dubai/u0022u003e dental clinic setup specialistu003c/au003e today or write to us at u003ca href=u0022mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org@adamglobal.com.u003c/au003e You may also speak directly to u003cstrongu003eMr Anoop Cheerathodiu003c/strongu003e, your u003cstrongu003edental clinic setup expertu003c/strongu003e u003cstrongu003ein Dubaiu003c/strongu003e and other parts of the UAE by dialling u003cstrongu003eu003ca href=u0022tel:+971 56 501 4164u0022 data-type=u0022telu0022 data-id=u0022tel:+971 56 501 4164u0022u003e+971 56 501 4164u003c/au003eu003c/strongu003e. He, as a Senior Business Consultant at ADAM Global, has been looking after all the business incorporation procedures in the healthcare sector of the Emirates for quite a time while ensuring that the clients are updated with the latest UAE rules and regulations concerning their industry. No matter which part of the world you come from with a vision of setting up a dental clinic in UAE, you are covered at Adam Global. He has a successful history of setting up medical clinics for Medical Practitioners, Doctors and Investors from Russia, Poland, GCC, India as well as the United Kingdom