Sponsoring Maid Visa in Dubai is common and the domestic worker visa is applied by both locals and expatriates for individuals employed for domestic purposes such as cleaning, driving, caretaking, personal training etc.
In this blog we walk you through the details of applying for a domestic worker visa and answer some of the most commonly asked questions on this topic.
General Rules & Regulations: Want to Sponsor a Domestic worker (18 categories) in Dubai?
U.A.E. National and Expatriates hire/ sponsor domestic worker especially families (were both husband & wife are working) to make life a little more comfortable and also to reduce the burden of daily household routines. Domestic workers perform a variety of household services from providing care for children and elderly dependents to housekeeping. In U.A.E, the sponsor or employer is responsible for domestic worker and they live within the sponsors or employers household.
Sponsoring a domestic worker is a process comprising of handling a lot of paperwork and liaising with the government authorities and ministry offices for approvals. The process of obtaining a domestic worker visa can be complicated and time-consuming, if not handled by a professional as it involves a number of requisites to be taken care of. We at ADAM Global take pride in our team of highly qualified PRO specialists, with over a decade of providing PRO services in U.A.E. our specialists have gained in-depth knowledge and experience in handling visa services not only for the domestic worker but also for investors, employees, and family.
Information you should know about Domestic worker (18 categories):
In many jurisdictions, domestic work is poorly regulated and domestic workers are subject to serious abuses, including slavery.
In 2017, H. H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of U.A.E passed a Federal Law No. 10, also known as the Domestic Labour Law. The law offers protections to the domestic workers.
Who are domestic workers?
The domestic law applies to the following 18 categories of the profession:
|Personal agricultural engineer
General Requirements to Sponsor a Domestic worker:
|REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (In Case Sponsor is Employee)
|Colour Passport of the Domestic Worker (valid for six months)
|Current visa copy of the Domestic Worker (Tourist or cancelled visa)
|4 Passport size photograph of the Domestic Worker (white background)
|Salary details of the Domestic Worker
|Old Emirates ID of the Domestic Worker (if any)
|Copy of Passport & Residence Visa of the Sponsor (High Resolution)
|Copy of Passport & Residence Visa of the Sponsor’s wife (High Resolution)
|Emirates ID Of The Sponsor
|Labor Contract of Sponsor (Green Colour)
|Salary Certificate of Sponsor – In the case of Free Zone (It Must Be In Arabic)
|Tenancy Contract under the name of the sponsor – EJARI
|Latest Water & Electricity Bill colour copy under the name of the Sponsor
|Marriage Certificate Attested and translated into Arabic – (Attested in UAE Embassy home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE)
Some profession cannot be recruited unless certain requirements are fulfilled:
- Driver: A minimum of 2 registered cars under the name of the employer plus a proof of income with a minimum salary of AED 20,000 per month. In case, father is the sponsor then 2 registered cars under the name of the father or if the mother is the sponsor then 2 registered cars under the name of mother.
- Housemaid, Housekeeper, Nanny and Cook: The employer must be the head of the household. A minimum salary must be AED 6000 or AED 5000 with a proof of income including 2 BHK accommodation contract (EJARI).
- Sheared and Farmer: The employer must have a proof of Livestock or a farm respectively.
- Caregiver: A certificate proving the skill must be attested from home country UAE embassy & Ministry Of Foreign Affairs including a proof of income with a minimum salary of AED 20,000 per month.
- Private tutor, Personal trainer, Personal Agricultural Engineer and Personal Delegate: A certificate proving the skill must be attested from home country UAE embassy & Ministry Of Foreign Affairs including a proof of income with a minimum salary of AED 20,000 per month.
Domestic Worker Visa Services FAQs
How long does it take to obtain Domestic Worker Visa?
Domestic Worker Visa generally takes approximately 12 to 15 working days. However, this is subject to approvals by the immigration department.
How much does it cost to obtain Domestic Worker Visa?
Government Fee: Approximately between AED 9,500 to AED 11,500
How much does it cost to renew Domestic Worker Visa?
Government Fee: Approximately AED 6,650 + AED 290 for if changes in the salary
What are the steps to obtain a Domestic Worker Visa?
The steps may differ depending on the type of visa and whether the applicant is currently in or out of the UAE.
Is the health insurance required for Domestic Worker visa applications?
Yes, it is mandatory for all categories of Domestic Worker
What is the residence visa validity for all the categories of Domestic Worker?
1 Year renewable
What is the minimum age criteria for Domestic Worker in UAE?
18 years and above
When will the visa security deposit for Housemaid / Driver be refunded back to the sponsor?
- Once the sponsor cancels the Housemaid / Driver’s residence visa, and the Dependents leave the country.
- Or once the Housemaid / Driver receive a new visa from a new sponsor, and the change of status is completed.
Why outsource Domestic Worker Visa services to Dubai Business Advisors?
- Expertise & Experience: We are a leading business advisory firm, established in 2002, delivering International Business Solutions and a wide range of comprehensive corporate services. With over a decade of providing PRO services in UAE, our specialists have gained in-depth knowledge and experience in handling visa services for investors, employees, and family.
- Collection & Delivery Service: – Document processing is hassle-free because we pick up documents from your doorstep and deliver it to you right after clearing from the government offices.
- Dedicated Consultant: – Centralized point of contact for all services.
- Time Saver: – We enable you to devote your time to your personal and company’s important matters and process the visa from submitting the obtaining the entry permit to visa stamping.
For any assistance and further information, please feel free to contact us at +971 50 911 0516 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a specialist in processing, renewing & cancelling all types of visas including Maid Visa, Family or Dependent Visa, Employment Visa Dubai, Ladies work permit and has hands-on experience in dealing with government authorities during every stage of the process. His other expertise are Company Formation including Dubai Mainland or LLC Company, Free Zone Company setup in UAE & Offshore Company formation dubai, De-registration or Liquidation of Company, VAT Registration & VAT Filing Services.”